How do you remove a PVC shower drain flange?
REMOVAL OF EXISTING SHOWER DRAIN BODY
- Remove drain cover with flat blade screwdriver.
- Remove the crown nut by unthreading it using needle nose pliers.
- Extract the compression seal exposing drain pipe and shower drain body.
- With mini hacksaw, make two vertical cuts approximately 1” apart through drain body.
How do I remove a shower drain without caulking?
How to Remove the No-Caulk Shower Drain Cover:
- Use a screwdriver for the removal.
- Place the end of the screwdriver under the notched area of the strainer.
- Apply light upward pressure while being careful to not damage the finished surface.
- No-caulk shower drain cover should release from shower base.
How do you remove old lead and oakum joints?
Remove all of the Oakum using pliers, scrapers or a rotary tool. (Because Oakum will burst into flame if you get it hot and expose it to air, it’s covered in tar after all…) At this point you can use a small blowtorch to slowly melt the remaining lead.
Can showers have a one and half inch drain?
1 1/2″ is not allowed for a shower drain by most codes but i have seen many use a 2″x1 1/2″ bushing reducer when installing a shower where a tub used to be and the pipe was neveer changed to the correct size. with a full 2″ drain the 1-2 times a year augering would probably go to once a year or less.
What are the different types of shower drains?
The Types of Shower Drains [7 Types and Styles]
- Point Drains.
- Linear Drains.
- Decorative Drain or Hidden Drain.
- Single-Piece Drain.
- Multi-Piece Shower Drain.
- Shower Drain Finish and Style.
- Tileable Drain Grate.
Are all shower drain covers the same size?
Most shower drain covers come at a standard 4.25-inches in outer diameter and up to 3.5-inches in prong-to-prong diameter. These are just some of the considerations when you are looking to choose a shower drain cover for your shower and bathroom.