- 1 What side of a watch band should links be removed?
- 2 Can you remove watch links yourself?
- 3 How many links can you remove from a watch?
- 4 What size screwdriver do I need to remove links?
- 5 How do you change the links on a watch band?
- 6 Do watch links have to be even on both sides?
- 7 Does Walmart remove watch links?
- 8 How much does it cost to remove links from a watch UK?
Gather the links up until it fits the way you want and count how many are in excess. Plan to remove the links evenly from both sides of the watch so that your clasp remains in the middle.
If you’re not confident about removing watch links yourself or don’t have the right tools, you can leave it to the professionals. Watch repair shops, key cutting places, and jewelry stores offer this service for a small fee.
Most watches will have up to three pins that may be removed on each side of the clasp or buckle.
As mentioned, the answer is that it depends on which watch you have. But many watch bracelets have screws for which you need a screwdriver with a size of 1.4-1.8mm. Worth adding is that the vast majority of watch bracelets use T-screws.
Method 1: By using a pin pusher
- Place the watch on the table with the push pins facing up.
- Insert the pin pusher into the hole and push the pin firmly.
- Once you’ve pushed the pin enough, it will pop out. Use pliers to remove it together with the link.
- Repeat the steps until you’ve removed the number of desired links.
Registered. Removing an even number of links from either side of the clasp is always favoured as it keeps with the balance of the watch on the wrist. Ultimately it comes down to comfort, and if an odd number of links has to be removed then one side must be chosen.
Yes! While Walmart will not remove watch links for you in-store anymore, it does sell watchmaker toolkits that will allow you to remove the links from your watch at home. You can purchase Walmart’s watch repair toolkits in-store and online, and you can buy kits from third parties on the Walmart website, too.
Q: Do you remove watch links? A: Every branch has been trained to offer this service while you wait in most cases. The cost will depend on the work required but will typically be £5-£20.