- 1 How do you remove links from a wristband?
- 2 Who takes links out of watches?
- 3 Can you take links out of a stretch watch band?
- 4 Which way do you push watch pins?
- 5 Does Walmart remove watch links?
- 6 How many links can you remove from a watch?
- 7 How do you take links out of a Fossil watch with two arrows?
- 8 Will fossil remove links for free?
Method 1: By using a pin pusher
- Place the watch on the table with the push pins facing up.
- Insert the pin pusher into the hole and push the pin firmly.
- Once you’ve pushed the pin enough, it will pop out. Use pliers to remove it together with the link.
- Repeat the steps until you’ve removed the number of desired links.
You can take your watch to any jeweler in your area that can remove links from watch to adjust to your wrist size.
Pry up on 2 tabs next to each other, on most bands there will be tabs on the inside of the watch band and the outside. That means in most cases you will have to pry up on 4 tabs for each side of the watch band to remove one link.
Which way do you push watch pins?
Place the watch in the holder or on the foam with the arrows are facing downwards. Using the hammer, lightly tap the end of the push-pin tool over the cotter pins until you can no longer push the pin inside the link. When the pin pops through, remove it using your fingers or a small set of pliers.
Yes! While Walmart will not remove watch links for you in-store anymore, it does sell watchmaker toolkits that will allow you to remove the links from your watch at home. You can purchase Walmart’s watch repair toolkits in-store and online, and you can buy kits from third parties on the Walmart website, too.
Most watches will have up to three pins that may be removed on each side of the clasp or buckle.
Ensure the arrows shown on the links are pointing down. When removing links, hold one end of the pin pusher against the pin to be removed. Strike the other end of the pin pusher with the metal side of the watch hammer until the pin slides out. It will slide out in the direction of the arrow on the links.
They will remove the links for you for free.