Can you take a screw out of a drywall anchor?
3 Answers. The type of plastic drywall anchor that you show on those screws can be removed by holding the anchor with a pair of pliers and then back out the screw with a philips screwdriver. After the plastic part has been removed toss it into the trash.
How do you fix a pulled wall anchor?
The easy repair is to replace it with a larger conical anchor, but that anchor will probably also pull out in time. A more effective solution is to replace it with a plastic screw-in anchor, a molly bolt or a toggle bolt. The last two types of anchors clamp against the back of the drywall for extra holding power.
What is the best drywall anchor?
The 8 Best Drywall Anchors
- TOGGLER Toggle TB Residential Drywall Anchors.
- TOGGLER Snaptoggle Drywall Anchor (Our Top Pick)
- The Hillman Group 370054 Toggle Bolt Drywall Anchor 50-Pack.
- ARROW 160455 Drywall Drill Bit Screw and Anchor 142-piece Kit.
- Screw-it Self-Drilling Drywall Anchors.
- Qualihome Expansion Drywall Anchors.
Why are my drywall anchors pulling out?
It could be that you are hanging too much weight on the anchors. Drywall and plaster are not designed to carry loads, so applying too much weight to a single point will cause the anchor to come loose. You may also run into trouble if the item you are attaching to the wall is too thick.